Via Red Tracy:
By David Green, the founder and CEO of Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.
my family and I started our company 40 years ago, we were working out
of a garage on a $600 bank loan, assembling miniature picture frames.
Our first retail store wasn't much bigger than most people's living
rooms, but we had faith that we would succeed if we lived and
worked according to God's word. From there, Hobby Lobby has become one
of the nation's largest arts and crafts retailers, with more than 500
locations in 41 states. Our children grew up into fine business
leaders, and today we run Hobby Lobby together, as a family.
Christians, and we run our business on Christian principles. I've
always said that the first two goals of our business are (1) to run our
business in harmony with God's laws, and (2) to focus on people more
than money. And that's what we've tried to do. We close early so our
employees can see their families at night. We keep our stores closed on
Sundays, one of the week's biggest shopping days, so that our workers
and their families can enjoy a day of rest. We believe that it is by
God's grace that Hobby Lobby has endured, and he has blessed us and our
employees. We've not only added jobs in a weak economy, we've raised
wages for the past four years in a row. Our full-time employees start
at 80% above minimum wage.
But now, our government threatens to
change all of that. A new government health care mandate says that our
family business MUST provide what I believe are abortion-causing drugs
as part of our health insurance. Being Christians, we don't pay for
drugs that might cause abortions, which means that we don't cover
emergency contraception, the morning-after pill or the week-after pill.
We believe doing so might end a life after the moment of conception,
something that is contrary to our most important beliefs. It goes
against the Biblical principles on which we have run this company since
day one. If we refuse to comply, we could face $1.3 million PER DAY in
Our government threatens to fine job creators
in a bad economy. Our government threatens to fine a company that's
raised wages four years running. Our government threatens to fine a
family for running it’s business according to it’s beliefs. It's not
right. I know people will say we ought to follow the rules; that it's
the same for everybody. But that's not true. The government has
exempted thousands of companies from this mandate, for reasons of
convenience or cost. But it won't exempt them for reasons of religious
So, Hobby Lobby and my family are forced to make a
choice. With great reluctance, we filed a lawsuit today, represented by
the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, asking a federal court to stop
this mandate before it hurts our business. We don't like to go running
into court, but we no longer have a choice. We believe people are more
important than the bottom line and that honoring God is more important
than turning a profit.
My family has lived the American dream.
We want to continue growing our company and providing great jobs for
thousands of employees, but the government is going to make that much
more difficult. The government is forcing us to choose between
following our faith and following the law. I say that's a choice no
American and no American business should have to make.
government cannot force you to follow laws that go against your
fundamental religious belief. They have exempted thousands of companies
but will not except Christian organizations including the Catholic
Since you will not see this covered in any of the liberal media, pass this on to all your contacts.
David Green, CEO and Founder of Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.
- ► 2013 (685)
- Nuclear Christmas, false flag in America to blame ...
- US Under Nuclear Attack Threat From Forces Within ...
- Something Over Veliky Novgorod Russia (Watch Full ...
- Patricia Spottedcrow released from prison
- Dream a Little Dream
- Best drunk reporter bombing ever
- Antarctic Sea Ice Sets Another Record
- ‘First Amendment Cop’ Becomes Internet Icon
- A Letter from Hobby Lobby Stores CEO
- Civil Disobedience
- HAARP Status
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- Jimi Hendrix - Red House live in Stockholm 69
- Jimi Hendrix Live : The Wind cries Mary (Happy 70t...
- Hard Right Neocons Joe Lieberman and Peter King Di...
- The Dollar General Coffee Maker
- What New Nickname Has the Public Given Egyptian Pr...
- Chuck Woolery on Assault Weapons
- ‘Two And A Half Men’ Star Angus T. Jones Calls Sho...
- Nibiru? Planet X?
- Make Viral !!! List of ALL The Fema Concentration ...
- Obama to Swear In for Second Term in Secret
- TMI? - 5 - HOUR ENERGY
- New Jersey Man Uses Prius to Power His House for a...
- ALL AMERICA MUST SEE THIS! Breaking Reality ~ 2013...
- Tears for Fears - Shout
- Del Shannon Runaway
- Blanche - "Someday
- My Life as a Turkey
- Is Obama Using Soviet Style Mind Control to Push A...
- Turkey King
- Why are There Lines in the Sky?
- Thousands of Corp Execs Booked to DENVER
- Veteran Cops Deliver Letter to AG Holder Urging Ma...
- Petraeus, Allen, Gaouette, Ham and Stand Down orde...
- The Cars - Good Times Roll
- Karzai orders Afghan forces to capture US detentio...
- Obama is Trafficking Guns to Syria to aid Al-Qaeda...
- Conspiracy Theory S03E02 Death Ray
- 32 Questions That All Americans Must Answer
- In His Final Speech Ron Paul Warns Of “Continuous ...
- Talk Show Host Calls For Second American Revolutio...
- The System Is Rebelling From Within Thanks To LEAP...
- 666 A True Story
- Photo Shows Sandy Volunteers Feeding FEMA Workers
- Krauthammer: White House 'Held Affair Over Petraeu...
- Citizens from 34 States Petition the White House t...
- NASA Whistleblowers - Asteroid 'Nibiru' On Collisi...
- FBI Deemed Petraeus Affair Part of Criminal -Not I...
- After Sandy, Bloomberg refused National Guard’s he...
- Treason: Benghazi Revelations Could Sink Obama
- Strategic Relocation
- Hundreds of Thousands of Military Ballots "Acciden...
- Fighting drug trade with legalisation in US
- Nwo Gum Pushing Globalist Agenda
- 10 dire consequences of Obama’s re-election victor...
- From Oct 19,2012 - Presidential Election Results -...
- Beer Expertise
- Repost - Obama to Release College Records and Pass...
- Here It Comes, Be Prepared! On Wed BO Took First M...
- Obama Held Accountable For His Own Words
- Bings go Better With Coke
- Georgia Man Speeds Down Interstate With Crying Gir...
- Obama Ordered DHS To Control Hurricanes
- Department of Homeland Security Employee of the Mo...
- Gun Sales Surge In Fear Of Obama Re-Election
- Lou Reed - Dirty Blvd.
- Velvet Underground - Sweet Jane (alternate outro)
- ▼ November (70)
- ► 2011 (1028)
- ► 2010 (708)
- ► 2009 (430)
- ► 2008 (331)
- ► 2007 (274)