By Madison Ruppert
October 11, 2012
Over 850 people turned out at the recent public meeting debating the plan to restart
the highly contentious and potentially dangerous San Onofre Nuclear
Generating Station (SONGS) in Southern California which has remained
offline for almost nine months.
A report published earlier this year revealed that there is a
distinct possibility of even disasters occurring in the future which are
significantly larger than the radioactive leaks discovered earlier this year which were later reviewed by a Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Augmented Inspection Team.
The relatively massive group that showed up to the public meeting was characterized by The Orange County Register
as a “sometimes-boisterous crowd” and included “plant operator Southern
California Edison, anti-nuclear activists, a union representative for
San Onofre workers and state utility and energy regulators.”
The meeting was preceded by a demonstration outside the St. Regis
Monarch Beach Hotel during which some activists called for a more
thorough review of Southern California Edison’s plan to restart one of
the two reactors at the San Onofre nuclear power station and others
called for a complete shutdown of the plant.
Last week the NRC received a proposal from Edison in which they sought to restart the Unit 2 reactor at 70 percent capacity.
“[Edison] expected to eliminate the vibrations among steam generator
tubes believed to have caused the problems that have kept the plant
closed,” according to the Register.
However, as the above-linked report reveals, the problems are far too critical to treat in a less-than-serious manner.
Officials with the NRC stated that their review of Edison’s plans themselves will likely take months.
The Unit 3 reactor has problems with the steam generator tubes (see
above stories for more information on the problems at San Onofre) which
are far more serious than those at Unit 2.
No plans to restart or even repair Unit 3 have been handed over to the NRC by Edison as of yet.
“Let me be clear,” said Gene Stone, an activist out of San Clemente, according to the Register.
“We stand for decommissioning this old nuclear plant as soon as
possible, before ratepayers or taxpayers spend any more money to repair
However, the Register
makes a point of stating that a comment in support of continuing the
review to restart the reactor was met with “loud applause from
supporters in the audience.”
That’s hardly surprising seeing as the large crowd “included a large
contingent of Southern California Edison employees bused by the company
to the site.”
In other words, the company stuffed the audience with their own
employees who have a quite clear ulterior motive behind their support
for the plant restart.
Story continues over at theintelhub.com
Saturday, October 13, 2012
Hundreds Flock to Public Meeting Debating Restart of Potentially Dangerous San Onofre Reactor
- ► 2014 (352)
- ► 2013 (685)
- The John Moore Show 10/31/2012 - The Black Knight ...
- The Guess Who-No Time
- ” Mr. President They Know ” Judge Jeanine
- Presidential Election Results - Obama 43% Romney 4...
- The Guess Who - Undun
- Navy Tried to Save American Consulate in Benghazi ...
- Cop Tasers 10-Year-Old Boy For Refusing to Clean P...
- Obama to Release College Records and Passport Appl...
- Sandy Leaves a Mess Behind
- Bombshell: “My Sources Tell Me Obama Was In The Ro...
- Crash may have destroyed absentee ballots
- ELP - From the Beginning
- HAARP Status Update
- Rob Zombie - Dragula
- Pay no Attention to the Latest Study Connecting As...
- Anonymous: Response to Nov 5 Bomb Threat Video
- Michelle Obama Planned On Divorcing Her Husband An...
- Angel Rescues Man Caught On Surveillance Camera?
- White House knew about Libya attacks - Obama Might...
- The Eastern USA now has a 9.1 Magnitude frequency,...
- Truth Leaking Out. 200 Intel People Inc/WH Got Rea...
- Only Way Obama Wins This Election Is To Steal It: ...
- Ted Turner: I Think It’s “Good” U.S. Troops are Ki...
- Steely Dan- FM (No Static At All)
- Steely Dan-Deacon Blues
- Who's Under The Gun? HAARP STATUS
- Charles Manson - Twilight Blues
- Released Docs Show Ambassador Chris Stevens Asked ...
- New allegations in Brittany Murphy’s death case
- Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Night Moves
- Twelve-Year-Old Oklahoma Girl Shoots Home Intruder...
- Metallica - Until It Sleeps
- Ahead of Election, Obama Stops Releasing ‘Stimulus...
- Quote of the Day: Big Bird
- 1/4 The Lost World Tepuis Venezuela Roraima The De...
- Talking Heads - Life During Wartime
- Neil Young - After The Gold Rush
- Worker tragically cooked to death in oven of tuna-...
- If I Had a Little Bit of Power
- Friendly Aquaponics
- Madonna Angers Denver Audience By Pretending To Sh...
- The Butthole Surfers - Pepper (Uncensored)
- Explosion in North Louisiana ~ Possible UFO Crash ...
- Hundreds Report Fireball, Loud Boom Over San Franc...
- Mainstream Media Not Reporting Truth About Louisia...
- Carlos Santana -- Black Magic Woman
- Santana - Smooth
- Santana - Put Your Lights On [TheWraith]
- Inappropriate Folgers Commercial
- A Milestone - 200,000 visits since Nov 11, 2010
- Tonic - If You Could Only See
- Pakistan Interior Minister: 80% Killed By Drones A...
- 100 Items to Disappear First
- Prince William County - Virginia
- Dust storm, wrecks close I-35 in Kay County
- Scientists: Creativity Part of ‘Mental Illness’
- *Alert* WH Insider Bin Laden Version 2
- Weird Wednesday
- Earthquake List for Yellowstone Area
- New wave of Anaheim protests: 9 arrested as police...
- New Military Draft Would Revive A Very Bad Old Ide...
- Kennebunk Zumba Prostitution Case - Missing the Wh...
- States Possessing Weapons of Mass Destruction
- The Rolling Stones -- Doom And Gloom
- GUNS BANNED NATIONWIDE Coming to America
- No. 13 Sooners rout No. 15 Texas 63-21
- The Fixx - Red Skies
- Hundreds Flock to Public Meeting Debating Restart ...
- Disabled Vet Labeled “Terrorist” For Investigating...
- U.S. Troops to Help Al Qaeda Overthrow Syrian Gove...
- Peter Frampton - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
- Ron Paul - the one Party System
- Americans Laughing Stock of the World for Putting ...
- Strange Roaring Sounds in Northwest Louisiana
- Lindsey Williams: The Final Countdown
- CNN is paid by the US government for reporting on ...
- Topless Mila Kunis proves why she is the sexiest w...
- Obama - The Antichrist
- Obama Knows “Something’s Going Down”: More Confirm...
- Archbishop tells UN we need World Government
- Illuminati symbolism I Pet Goat II by Heliofant S...
- John Belushi- Animal House "Lunch Time"
- FEMA To Mobilize For “Mass Fatality Planning”
- Jesse Jackson, Wright 'arranged' Obama marriage
- 1981:CNN's coverage of Reagan shooting
- Fine Again by Seether
- LA Cop goes crazy and Pepper sprays bystanders whi...
- Alice In Chains - Would
- Al Gore: Obama not use to Being That Kind of High
- So That's Why Obama Didn't Legalize Pot
- California Gas Stations Begin to Shut on Record-Hi...
- FBI Employee Claims Molestation By TSA Workers
- Who is the Beast - Like Unto a Leopard?
- Obama Orders Investigation of Post 9/11 Anthrax At...
- Tonight's Sky: October 2012
- Operation Whole Foods Hidden Camera GMO Sting - B...
- Black Label Society - "Stillborn" Spitfire Records...
- Volbeat - A Warrior's Call
- ▼ October (102)
- ► 2011 (1028)
- ► 2010 (708)
- ► 2009 (430)
- ► 2008 (331)
- ► 2007 (274)