Full Article Here
The bizarre and nearly unprecedented recent political behavior on the part of the Obama Administration results from the recognition that the election is slipping away. Some of the headwinds Mr. Obama faces are the following:
- The economy is not improving (nor will it before the election).
- Government stimulus is increasingly seen as political favoritism and a waste of taxpayer money.
- Government continues to spend money that it doesn’t have, leading the nation closer to bankruptcy.
- Voters understand that this spending has mortgaged the future of their children and grandchildren and may destroy the country.
- The centerpiece of Obama’s economic program, green energy initiatives, produced no new energy and a track record of failing companies. It was nothing more than political payoffs to Democrat supporters.
- Gas prices are at record levels and expected to soar upward from here while Obama plays politics with an important pipeline.
- President Obama’s Democrat-controlled Senate refused to pass his requested tax hikes on oil companies.
- The Supreme Court has exposed Obama’s crowning domestic achievement, ObamaCare, for its legal absurdities (which does not mean they will overrule it). The CBO estimates have more than doubled, casting doubt on the integrity of the President’s cost estimates.
- President Obama’s proposed budget did not garner one Democrat vote in the House.
There is no way to intellectually defend his failed policies, but then that holds for much of liberalism in general. Liberalism is not based on reason but on “caring.” If you are not liberal, then you must be mean and uncaring. But what happens when you have been in charge and gotten all of your programs put in place and they don’t work? Under such circumstances it is hard to blame others for the problems. That is precisely the quandary in which Obama finds himself.