Monday, April 14, 2008

What's That Sound?


My plans to sleep late went out the window this morning. I woke up about 6:30 to the faint sound of a dog whimpering. I could tell by the sound that the dog was in distress. I thought "Did I leave Bob locked outside last night?" I grabbed my clothes, ran downstairs and saw Bob asleep on the couch, snug as a bug in a rug. So I went out back and followed the sound through the semi-darkness. Yoshi, our Alaskan Malamute had fallen in a hole that I had dug to get to the sewer line, it's about four feet deep. I guess she had been in there a long time because she looked exhausted. BTW she is at least thirteen years old, maybe older. I helped her get out but she wasn't able to walk, she just laid down. I got her some water followed by milk and a piece of meat lovers pizza. At first she wasn't moving her back legs but after resting for a while she crawled around a little. I think I'll just let her rest in the sunshine for a while. If she's not able to walk later I'll call the vet and try to talk her into making a house call. Not exactly how I expected my day off to start but at least I didn't have to call into work with a very strange excuse.

UPDATE:

Yoshi is doing much better, she's able to walk around and is eating like a wolf (which is good because that's basically what she is).

5 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

everybody look what's going round..'sorry got off track with the title..

oh, poor yoshi..is she going to be ok?...she's such a beautiful dog...i see bob over there checking her out too...

texlahoma said...

YDG, I went ahead and called the vet, but she won't be in until 2:00. I think Yoshi hurt her back.

yellowdoggranny said...

did you get ahold of her?..is she going to be ok?...hug her for me.

texlahoma said...

The vet came over and gave her some steroids, I don't know she seems to be in pretty bad shape right now.

yellowdoggranny said...

hows' she doing?

Blog Archive