Sunday, April 20, 2008

My TVs Got an Attitude

There is one thing I hate about these new fangled TVs. If the signal gets weak, they shut down to a blank screen. Why back in the day TVs would let you watch snow all day long if you wanted to. Now it's like the TV says "That picture isn't good enough for you to watch or for me to show for that matter." I say "Fuck you TV, I'll decide if it's good enough for me to watch."
So I've got an old power guzzling console TV that makes the electric meter spin real fast as a back up. That TV knows its place, it doesn't care how bad the picture is. It's like "Knock yourself out big boy, I don't care." and that's the way it should be!

3 comments:

Big Tex said...

I still have one of those old-fangled CRT televisions. Would like to get one of the new ones with the wide screen, but losing my picture a lot like that would be pretty irritating.

Wait, did I actually just used the word "old-fangled"?

yellowdoggranny said...

i loved my ol rca...it did everthing but hang up my wash...when it when it was the last of the all time good ole tv's...now the sound on mine is so low i have it turned on 100%...of course could be going deaf too...
did big tex just use the word old-fangled?...you hung around with big mamma too long..

Big Tex said...

Yeah, I imagine Big Mamma used quite a few of those old-fangled...uh, I mean old-school words. Truth be told, more often than I'd like to admit, I find myself using those old-school words that people don't use as often these days. Like "reckon" and "directly." As in, "I reckon I'll go up to the five-and-ten-cent store directly, and see what records they have for sale."

Another word that you don't hear people using nearly as much these days is "tallywhacker." That used to be my favorite naughty word, until I discovered the word "schlong."

Blog Archive