Friday, April 11, 2008

video

HAGERSTOWN, MD - We all know owning a dog can be a huge responsibility, with feeding, walking, veterinary care, and of course, loving. But a local canine is lending a paw when it comes to some of those duties.


“Ronin” the 5-year-old bull-mastiff is gentle, affectionate, obedient and he doesn't need a human being to take him for a walk.


“I don't have to walk him with a leash,” says owner Lloyd Weedon. "From the first moment he came to the house he showed us things that we'd never seen before."


His owner says from the get-go, Ronin loved playing fetch with newspapers and slippers.


“So I experimented. I was out in the yard one day and happened to be working on the car. And there was a spare tire and I asked him to get it and believe it or not, he picked up the tire and gave it to me,” says Weedon.


Now, Ronin’s even taking out the trash.


"Most of the time I need an extra hand and he gives me an extra mouth, right? So he carries his own trash,” says Weedon.


Ronin's owners say his life span is only eight years, but their hoping with plenty of diet and exercise, he will live much longer than expected.

1 comment:

yellowdoggranny said...

dogs are so smart and they make us feel so loved..i miss my dogs all the time..i love ole annie, and loved chuck and rocky but they were'nt my doggie..

Blog Archive