Sunday, April 06, 2008

Shhhh

I think one of the things that causes stress might be noise. There is almost always some kind of noise and it's usually right in your face noise. Our brains do a good job of filtering sounds out of our consciousness but it seems like giving it a break once in a while would be good for it. Very seldom do we get to hear a distant sound and wonder what it is but it seems like that is a big part of what the brain is (was) suppose to do. I mean the caveman that could hear an approaching stampede, picture it and quickly climb a tree had a better chance of passing on his DNA than the one that hears the same noise and just goes back to scratching his armpit.

4 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

I survived junior high because our vice-principal had a huge key ring that clanged when he walked and thus prevented him for ever catching us in the act.

texlahoma said...

That reminds me of a seinfeld where elaine gave a guy tic-tacs so that she could hear him coming.

yellowdoggranny said...

what?.....speak up....what?...arhghgghgh I almost got ran over by a herd of bison..

joy said...

I don't understand the people who run around all day with those radios plugged into their ears. That would drive me crazy. I like to sit quietly and read.

Blog Archive