Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Guthrie

Guthrie, Oklahoma a nice place to visit and it seems like it would be a nice place to live too.
It was a beautiful night, clear sky, full moon and snow on the ground. I made good time without driving very fast, there was very little traffic, but I guess you wouldn't expect much at 10:00 on a Sunday night. I took the South Guthrie exit, which in one way was a mistake (the North exit would have taken me almost directly to my motel). I drove around a little, looking for a sign, a motel sign. I had no luck but the old downtown looked great in snow and so did the old houses, so I didn't really mind the delay in getting to the motel. I decided to go to McDonald's, I always think better on a full stomach, and besides something told me the young people there would know and help if I asked them right. So I drive up to the first window and ask him, "I have no idea." So I go to the second window (this guy looks friendly) I ask him, he gives the best directions I've ever heard (he makes me feel like I've been there) I don't know what job he should have but he's wasting his talent in fast food. So I drive right to the motel and there's I-35, the North exit!

6 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

that is one of the best christmas pictures i have seen all year...made me all warm and fuzzy..
thanks..

the rube said...

woody and arlo are pretty cool too.

Nancy said...

I hate warmand fuzzy because it's usually a hot flash. Good picture. Hell no, Great picture.

I love Arlo. Alice, what about Alice?

Cassandra said...

Hey wait... I just noticed you are Tex again.

texlahoma said...

Babs, when I switched to beta it did that, I'm glad.

yellowdoggranny said...

im glad your tex again..i kept having to remind myself who bluebeer was...im such an old fart

Blog Archive