Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here / Golden Earring - Radar love

There are certain songs in your life that are tied to time, a relationship, a situation. This is one of them to me. I was in school, I wasn't really into it and the girl that I was crazy about was too far away. It was 1980 and I was tripping on some good acid. The tree outside was growing incredibly fast, but it wasn't getting any taller. I was listening to KMOD (the commode) and they played Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here, that was it, the decision was made. I was going to quit school and move to Norman.



Some time shortly after that a guy showed up at my dorm room, sweating and nervous.
He had a brown grocery bag full of something. It was speed, he had ripped off a pharmacy, a grab and go kind of thing apparently. He was making incredible deals, I was kicking myself in the ass for not having more money. I did, luckily have enough to purchase 100 "Christmas trees" green and white, time release amphetamine. That leads me to the next song...



"No more speed, I'm almost there."

I arrived in Norman, I had taken my life by the horns, that's the only way to do it.

No comments:

Blog Archive