Thursday, January 19, 2012

Gingrich Lacks Moral Character to Be President, Ex-Wife Says

By BRIAN ROSS (@brianross) and RHONDA SCHWARTZ
Jan. 19, 2012


In her most provocative comments, the ex-Mrs. Gingrich said Newt sought an "open marriage" arrangement so he could have a mistress and a wife.

She said when Gingrich admitted to a six-year affair with a Congressional aide, he asked her if she would share him with the other woman, Callista, who is now married to Gingrich.

"And I just stared at him and he said, 'Callista doesn't care what I do,'" Marianne Gingrich told ABC News. "He wanted an open marriage and I refused."

Marianne described her "shock" at Gingrich's behavior, including how she says she learned he conducted his affair with Callista "in my bedroom in our apartment in Washington."

"He always called me at night," she recalled, "and always ended with 'I love you.' Well, she was listening."

All this happened, she said, during the same time Gingrich condemned President Bill Clinton for his lack of moral leadership.


She said Newt moved for the divorce just months after she had been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, with her then-husband present.

"He also was advised by the doctor when I was sitting there that I was not to be under stress. He knew," she said.

Gingrich divorced his first wife, Jackie, as she was being treated for cancer.

Full Article: abcnews.go.com

2 comments:

Heff said...

The man has BRASS BALLS, no doubt.

texlahoma said...

Heff - No doubt.

I'd like to buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth.

Blog Archive