Monday, October 31, 2011

I Almost Bought My Beer Brewing Supplies From A Place In Austin

I thought I had found a pretty good place to by home brewing supplies online.

It was in Texas so the shipping shouldn't be too bad.

I'd already picked out everything and was fixing to finalize the deal when I saw something.





We proudly offer UPS carbon neutral shipments
All UPS shipments are now shipped carbon neutral at no additional cost to you. What does this mean? For every shipment from _____________, UPS purchases certified carbon (CO2) offsets. These offsets balance out the emissions produced by the transportation of your package(s). Get more info at ups.com/carbonneutral.

Man, I was glad I saw that in time.

There's no way in hell I'm buying anything from these carbon tax supporting, Al Gore loving, Climategate deniers!

So, I looked around some more and found a place in St Louis, they didn't have any of that carbon offset crap and they got my money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in charge of who will be managing my company's shipping in 2012. Going to go UPS now. That should stem the MASSIVE loss of income UPS suffered at your hands.

texlahoma said...

Annon - Good, I'd hate to put UPS out of business.

Blog Archive