Wednesday, January 26, 2011

MIAC Report Revisited

I did a post a couple of days ago called "MIAC Report Illogical". It was about how Homeland security considers Libertarians, gun owners, veterans and Ron Paul supporters a terrorist threat. I pointed out that they would be the last people to do an act of terrorism because with every act of terrorism, we lose more freedoms and that's not what they want.

But even as I was writing it, bad thoughts started seeping in. I started trying to find some logic in the report. The only thing that I could come up with was this.

Let's pretend for a moment that we (the people) are living near a big plantation and history is a little different. Instead of buying imported slaves, the plantation owner is just going to enslave people that are already here and not just some of them, but all of them. Who would the plantation owner expect to give him the most trouble?



Libertarians believe that people should be free to do what ever they want to as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. Ron Paul supporters are basically Libertarians even if they don't realize it.

Gun owners, now there's a big problem, it's hard to enslave someone that has a gun.
(That's probably why slaves weren't known for having guns.) No Guns For Negroes

Veterans not only have guns but they know how to use them in a combat situation.

I bet you're starting to get my point.

The only way that the MIAC Report is logical is if they are looking at who would give the most resistance if they tried to make slaves of them.
Or alternate wording could be "Who would give the most resistance if they tried to take all of their rights away?"

Think about it.

1 comment:

crazy4coens said...

Well, I'm not any of those things, but people in my family me that I will be one of the first THEY round up when THEY start rounding up people. Doesn't seem fair. I'm not bald, either. ;-)

Blog Archive