Thursday, January 27, 2011

Looking For America



Looking For America (Lyrics)
Jeremy Bussey, Bernie Nelson, Philip Douglas

I'm chasing down a memory
Of the way that things used to be
Kids playing underneath an old street light
Knowing they were safe when they laid down at night
I'm looking for something I ain't seen in a while

I'm looking for a factory
Where a man can feed his family
Not worried about them moving it south
Closing the doors and shutting 'er down tomorrow
I'm looking for America

Chorus:
The land of the free and the home of the brave
Seems like I just woke up one day and it was gone, long gone
But I know in my heart it's still out there
Can somebody please tell me where
I'm looking for, America

I'm searching for an old church steeple
Where inside you'll find people
Who live their lives unashamed
And they ain't afraid to say God's name out loud
Yeah I'm looking for America

Repeat Chorus:

I'm out here looking for the truth
A few folks to wave the red, white and blue
Who still believe freedom isn't free
And I guess it's up to you and me to find it
Yeah we gotta find it
Cause we're looking for

2 comments:

Mr. Shife said...

First time I heard this one and I like it. Maybe I am too simple or naive but I hope one day life will be like this especially when my little man is older.

texlahoma said...

Mr. Shife - Oh, you aren't naive or simple, it's the American Dream and I think we can still hold on to it if we all stick together.

Blog Archive