Friday, January 09, 2009

Simple Songs for Simple Minds

Today I was working in an uncontrolled environment
and was exposed to toxin that I can usually avoid, country music.
I laughed out loud, literally, when I heard these lines. Then another guy walked up, heard these lines and laughed out loud too.

I'm just a singer of simple songs
I'm not a real political man
I watch CNN but I'm not sure I can tell you
The difference in Iraq and Iran




There now you have some inkling of the size and location of Iraq and Iran.

I'm going to go out on a limb here.
You're a Republican aren't you?

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

and he voted for bush both times...
at work we always have the radio set on my oldies but goodies station...not because of me, it's always been on that station. so i go to work the other day and all day there was something wrong in my universe..couldn't figure it out and then all of a sudden I realized that sharon had put it on a country station. there was no one in the store but her and I(ME???)and I yelled at the top of my lungs"judas fucking priest, I don't mind doing everyone else's job, but I refuse to do it listening to this shit."..and turned it back to my music..she never said a word...although i did enjoy listening to george jones sing he stopped loving her today..

texlahoma said...

Yep, I can tolerate some country music but not most. The one where they sing "And I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free." makes me want to debate the meaning of freedom with the author. Free to what? Do as you're told?
How do you know you're free? Because that's what they told you in grade school?
Maybe I should write a country song, make them feel patriotic and you've got a #1 hit.
"Daddy lost his legs in Vietnam I lost mine in Iraq. If you don't think that's patriotic, you must be smokin' crack!"
"Roll me up to the bar so that I can drink a beer, later if the mood is right we can beat up on a queer."

yellowdoggranny said...

oh you need to finish that song..and vidio you singing it and put it on youtube..

Blog Archive