Monday, January 26, 2009

Fearless


“Travelling up Taylor Canyon in central Colorado after a recent storm, I was captivated by the play of light and shadow between the forest and the new-fallen snow. Most of the canyon is heavily forested, making finding a simple subject difficult. Finally, up near the Taylor Lake Dam, I found this seemingly threatened young pine.”

Dusty Demerson has been photographing the landscape of the western U.S.A. for nearly 20 years. Demerson was trained as a photojournalist and won numerous awards for news and sports photography before pursuing his career as a portrait and landscape photographer. Based in Crested Butte, Colorado, since 1987, he is represented locally by the Rijks Family Gallery.

www.color-west.com

5 comments:

McRaven said...

I feel like that tree today. Their washer broke while I was doing my laundry...I am in trouble deep because of course this will be my fault.

Nice picture.

yellowdoggranny said...

i love that picture.
all that snow...wow..
what's the weather like in ok.? you guys usually get it before we do..it's drizzly rain and supposed to get down to freezing so will be icy and sleet..feck!

texlahoma said...

MR - It's not your fault!

YDG - We are suppose to get a half inch to an inch of ice overnight, school is canceled tomorrow. (I wish work was!) I hope the electricity stays on. We lost power for about a week in 2001. We have a fireplace and gas stoves, my son's apartment is total electric so we might have a full house if the AC goes out.

yellowdoggranny said...

our high tomorrow is supposed to be 38...eeekkekekeke

texlahoma said...

They were wrong! (Unless it was at midnight or something) It's 25 right now after a little after 3 pm.
At least the freezing rain turned into sleet, much better for driving.

Blog Archive