Saturday, November 09, 2013

Synchronicity or ("I'll take "What freaks Tex out." for $200 Alex.)


Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events as meaningfully related, whereas they are unlikely to be causally related.
 The subject sees it as a meaningful coincidence, although the events need not be exactly simultaneous in time.
The concept of synchronicity was first described by Carl Gustav Jung, a Swiss psychologist, in the 1920s.[1]

The concept does not question, or compete with, the notion of causality. Instead, it maintains that just as events may be connected by a causal line, they may also be connected by meaning.
A grouping of events by meaning need not have an explanation in terms of cause and effect.
In addition to Jung, Arthur Koestler wrote extensively on synchronicity in The Roots of Coincidence.[2]
(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just experienced a little synchronicity, which always seems to freak me out a little.

Earlier I posted the song "I will Survive" by Cake.

I turn on the TV, it's an episode of Will and Grace.

Right when I start watching it.

They go into a bar, wondering if it's a gay bar.

The song "I will Survive" starts playing. (By Gloria Gaynor , I think.)  Okay, not by Cake, but still.

They say "Yeah, it's a Gay Bar."

Okay, that made me say "Wow, there's some synchronicity for you!"

But as if that weren't enough...

Will and Grace are in their apartment (same episode) and there's a song playing in the background.

I get close to the TV to make sure I'm hearing it right.

Yep, it's "How's it Going to be?"  by Third Eye Blind!

F**k me a runnin' backwards up a tree! (To use a colloquialism or maybe it's universal, I'm not sure.)

Now that's some major synchronicity for you.

BTW, it was the Will and Grace that came on at 5:00 pm CST Saturday, November 9th, 2013 on We.


I present my evidence;

 cake-i-will-survive

  third-eye blind







2 comments:

billy pilgrim said...

this seems pretty spooky.

was there a man in the background smoking a cigarette held between the finger tip of his index finger and his thumb?

the truth is out there but sometimes it's best not to pursue the truth. it can hurt.

texlahoma said...

Billy - I kept expecting something big to happen, like winning the lottery, guess I should have bought a ticket.

Bobby Hill smokes cigarettes that way, but doesn't usually wear an overcoat.

Blog Archive