Saturday, November 09, 2013

My Mind Works in Mysterious Ways - Mysteries of the Subconscious

Replace the chips with beer bottles and the young man with an old fart for a more accurate depiction.

The other night I was sitting on the couch, it was after midnight, I was the only one in the house that was still up.

The TV was on and I was fighting sleep.

A song popped into my head, it was by The Cure.

I really like a lot of their songs, but this one wasn't one of my favorites, odd that this one would be playing in my head.

It was "Let's go to Bed"

A song about two people hooking up. (I guess.)

Then it hit me, like a ton of bricks, my subconscious was saying:

"Hey Tex, it's late, you have to get up early in the morning."

"Let's go to bed!"

So I, make that we, did.


No comments:

Blog Archive