October 3, 2013
All of this whining and crying about a “government shutdown” is a
total joke. You see, there really is very little reason why this
“government shutdown” cannot continue indefinitely because almost
everything is still running. 63 percent of all federal workers are
still working, and 85 percent of all government activities are still
being funded during this “shutdown”. Yes, the Obama administration has
been making a big show of taking down government websites and blocking
off the World War II Memorial, but overall business in Washington D.C.
is being conducted pretty much as usual.
It turns out that the definition of “essential personnel” has
expanded so much over the years that almost everyone is considered
“essential” at this point. In fact, this shutdown is such a non-event
that even referring to it as a “partial government shutdown” would
really be overstating what is actually happening. The following are 36
facts which prove that almost everything is still running during this
#1 According to U.S. Senator Rand Paul, 85 percent of all government activities are actually being funded during this “government shutdown”.
#2 Approximately 1,350,000 ”essential” federal employees will continue to work during this “government shutdown”.
#3 Overall, 63 percent of the federal workforce will continue to work during this “government shutdown”.
#4 The U.S. Postal Service will continue to deliver our mail.
#5 U.S. military personnel will remain on duty and will continue to get paid.
#6 Social Security recipients will continue to get their benefits.
#7 Medicare recipients will continue to get their benefits.
#8 Medicaid recipients will continue to get their benefits.
#9 Food stamp recipients will continue to get their benefits.
#10 Those on unemployment will continue to get their benefits.
#11 Federal retirees will continue to get their pensions.
#12 The federal school lunch program has enough money to go through at least the end of this month.
#13 Public schools all over the country will continue to stay open.
#14 Almost all federal law enforcement officials will continue working.
#15 The Federal Reserve will remain “completely functional“.
#16 The Supreme Court will continue to operate normally and federal courts have enough money to keep going for at least two weeks.
#17 TSA employees will continue to molest travelers at our airports.
#18 Air traffic controllers will continue to monitor traffic at our airports.
#19 Hopelessly outmanned border patrol agents will continue to try to stem the tide of illegal immigration.
#20 Visas and passports will continue to be issued by the State Department.
#21 The Veterans Administration will continue to offer substandard medical services, and it will be able to continue processing benefit payments at least for now.
#22 The Obama administration apparently has plenty of money to spend on closing open-air memorials that are usually open to the public 24 hours a day.
#23 The Department of Defense announced the awarding of 94 new contracts worth a combined total of more than 5 billion dollars on September 30th – the day right before the “government shutdown”.
#24 The “government shutdown” has not prevented the new two billion dollar NSA spy center from opening up.
#25 Federal prisons will continue to operate normally.
#26 Amtrak trains will continue to run.
#27 The Patent and Trademark Office will be open.
#28 The Consumer Product Safety Commission will continue to issue product recalls if the products “create an immediate threat to the safety of human life“.
#29 The National Weather Service and the National Hurricane Centerwill continue to track weather patterns.
#30 If the federal government needs to respond to a natural disaster, this “shutdown” will not affect that.
#31 NASA will continue to support the Mars Rover and the two American astronauts up on the International Space Station.
#32 All city employees of the D.C. government have been deemed “essential” and will continue to go to work.
#33 Even though the Obamacare exchanges are not working properly, people will still be able to access them.
#34 The IRS will continue to collect taxes, but it will be suspending punitive audits of conservative organizations.
#35 Barack Obama will continue to get paid for the full duration of this “shutdown”.
#36 The U.S. Congress will continue to get paid for the full duration of this “shutdown”.
Of course not everything is operating normally during this government
shutdown. Government parks are closed. The EPA and the Department of
Energy have almost totally closed up shop. But overall, most Americans
are not going to notice much of a difference.
And perhaps now is a good time for the American people to evaluate
whether or not they actually need a gigantic federal government that
wastes enormous mountains of our money.
For example, our federal government recently spent $98,670 to construct a single outhouse in Alaska.
That is more than a lot of Americans pay for their entire houses.
More at infowars.com
Thursday, October 03, 2013
Government Shutdown? 36 Facts Which Prove That Almost Everything Is Still Running
- ► 2014 (352)
- Etta James - I'd Rather Go Blind
- Buddy Guy - First Time I Met The Blues
- Eva Mendes
- Cake - Friend Is A Four Letter Word
- Obama Watched Benghazi Attack From 'Situation Room...
- The Experiment
- Christie Embraces Budget Strategies He Scorned as ...
- NASA | Five Days of Flares and CMEs
- Time Travel - How Future U.S. Presidents are Chose...
- Tex Takes a Mini-Vacation
- Michael Savage Launches Investigation Into Missing...
- Dirty Boulevard Lou Reed 1942 - 2013
- Study Finds Monsanto’s Pesticide Chemical To Produ...
- Senator Rand Paul: A long-needed constitutional am...
- Girl Who Can Start Fire With Her Brain Mystifies S...
- Red Mushroom Cloud! Huge Explosion Rocks Damascus ...
- Gunboats in Louisiana and Neil Young - Powderfinge...
- I Hate it When This Happens
- Welfare Recipients Outnumber Full-Time Workers
- Earthquake Hits Near Fukushima Nuclear Plant - Tsu...
- Foreign Troops Attempt Abduction of Child in MO
- Obama Readies Military for Domestic Gun Confiscati...
- The Berlin Festival of Lights
- Missing Nuke Investigation: Special Report
- Events are Starting to Line up
- FEMA Ad Council Commercial
- *EXTREMELY URGENT* Classified documents nano devic...
- 4.5 Earthquake Off the east coast of the United St...
- Cage The Elephant - Come A Little Closer
- Miriam Carey EXECUTED after Baby Removed from car
- Are You Seeing Stars on Your State Driver’s Licens...
- GLT Blues Radio
- Terrorgate Memo
- Seymour Hersh: Bin Laden Raid - One Big Lie...Plus...
- The Coming Apocalypse: Brzezinski in His Own Words...
- Government Shutdown? 36 Facts Which Prove That Alm...
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - I Could Have Lied
- ▼ October (37)
- ► 2012 (1340)
- ► 2011 (1028)
- ► 2010 (708)
- ► 2009 (430)
- ► 2008 (331)
- ► 2007 (274)