Thursday, December 09, 2010

HD TV or LSD TV?

Shelly and I decided to just get a good TV for each other for Christmas. I hooked it up last night. We are probably way behind most people in technology experience, we watched "The Middle".
I was like, is it just me or does the lighting look weird?
Then we watched "Criminal Minds". For some reason it looked so real that it was hard to get into "the fantasy" of the show. I was very aware that there was a film crew with cameras and all that.
Then I was watching a commercial and something seemed familiar, hmmm. Then it hit me, though it's been a real long time I had to say "This is like watching TV when you're tripping!" "LSD TV!"
Shelly just looked at me like I was a freak of nature and put her nose back in her book. I took that as a sign to shut up about that, so I did.



[Tex quietly drank his beer and remembered the wild old days and was glad he had wild old days to remember.]

7 comments:

Heff said...

Ha ! I have yet to go HD myself.

Got a Big Screen, and I'm not willing to give it up until I can get the equivalent size in HD. (I guess size matters.)

Whenever I go to a friends that has HD, I do realize I'm missing out, though.

crazy4coens said...

It is good to have wild days to look back on :-)

HD is great, too - I have trouble watching anything else, now. Even movies on the big screen are fuzzy.....

Yay! for early Christmas presents!

yellowdoggranny said...

Shelly has your number

texlahoma said...

Heff - I'm surprised I went HD before you did.
I think I'll get use to it real quick, I never knew how many news anchors had bloodshot eyes.

Crazy4 - Yeah, I would advise any young people at a crossroads in their lives to
"Never wait or hesitate, get in kid before it's too late, you may never get another chance."
Early Christmas presents are nice.

YDG - "I'm a freak, I'm a weirdo"

Heff said...

Why everytime I log in over here and see your header, the theme tune from "Bonanza" goes off in my head ?!?!?

texlahoma said...

Heff - LOL! I swear, I've thought of that too - The Ponderosa!

Samm Hein said...

I'm not impressed with HDTV. It's designed so you HAVE to have cable in order to watch it.And Tex: That "buzz" you were experiencing has a lot to do with the RF put out by a video screen that is triple-phase.

Blog Archive