Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Dog on a Plane

Monday, December 06, 2010

By Torsten Ove, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

A USAirways flight from Newark to Phoenix was diverted to Pittsburgh this morning after a passenger's small dog got loose and bit a flight attendant and another passenger.

Flight 522 from Newark carrying 122 passengers landed at Pittsburgh International Airport, where medical personnel treated the two people who were bitten.
USAirways said the passenger with the dog was supposed to keep it in its cage under her seat, which is the airline's policy. But she took it out and the animal ran loose.
Although the dog is small and the injuries minor, the captain felt it was best to divert the plane.
USAirways was working this morning to find other flights for the passengers headed to Phoenix.

8 comments:

Heff said...

lol.

I'm disappointed. Both airports I dealt with didn't have body scanners yet, and when I asked to be felt up in private, I was denied :(

texlahoma said...

Heff - Bummer Dude!
I was felt up by a guy in the bathroom, he said he was TSA then I found out their uniforms weren't really a white tee-shirt with TSA written in magic marker.

yellowdoggranny said...

hell that would be the most action I've had in 25 years.

billy pilgrim said...

no wonder the terrorists are winning. one puny little dog and no one could stick it back in the cage.

we're turning into feckin pansies!

diane said...

Was the flight attendant teasing the dog?

texlahoma said...

YDG - I wonder if it takes the fun out of it for the TSA if you enjoy it.

Billy - They're lucky it wasn't a cage full of snakes!

texlahoma said...

Diane - Wow, you commented while I was.
Maybe flight attendants should be required to keep a piece of bologna in their pockets, for just such occasions.
Reminds me of my childhood, my parents use to tie a pork chop around my neck so the dog would play with me.

yellowdoggranny said...

see? I knew you and heff would like each other..ha

Blog Archive