Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Obama Told Sen. Kyl He Will Not Secure Border Until “Immigration Reform” Law is Passed

RS Redstate
June 21, 2010

On June 18, 2010, Arizona Republican Senator Jon Kyl told the audience at a North Tempe Tea Party town hall meeting that during a private, one-on-one meeting with President Obama in the Oval Office, the President told him, regarding securing the southern border with Mexico, “The problem is, . . . if we secure the border, then you all won’t have any reason to support ‘comprehensive immigration reform.’” [Audible gasps were heard throughout the audience.] Sen. Kyl continued, “In other words, they’re holding it hostage. They don’t want to secure the border unless and until it is combined with ‘comprehensive immigration reform.’”

Sen. Kyl also said he reminded President Obama that the President and the Congress have an obligation, a duty, to secure the border.

infowars

6 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

there are people in that room that never heard him say that..and are calling kyl out on it.

texlahoma said...

YDG - Maybe Kyl just made up the whole thing.

texlahoma said...

YDG - There are two things that I don't understand about this situation. If it's as bad as it appears to be, why doesn't obama give him the 3000 troops?
They could kick these guys asses in no time.
The other thing is, why doesn't the Governor call out the national guard?
I thought they could do that.

yellowdoggranny said...

now they want them..when he wanted to send them they didn't want them..now they're saying they want them and he wont give them..just to make him look bad..

TheWayfarer said...

I predict Arizona will cave.
TEA Party is a neo-con joke: There's not going to be a civil war, a revolution, any kind of episode over border issues, healthcare reform &c...
NONE of those fat, lazy, Johnny-Reb Boomer teabaggers wants to take a chance on losing all the freebees promised to them by this government: It's a poorly-choreographed propaganda show!

texlahoma said...

YDG _ I never saw them refuse troops, could you give me a link or website that tells about that? I can't find it.

Ted - The REAL tea party movement was started by Ron Paul, they're the ones that have been voting incumbents out of office. I think we finally disagree about something. I think this Arizona thing is real.

I guess I was naive about the law though, I just assumed that if you got pulled over and didn't have proof of citizenship, that you would be detained, especially if you were breaking the law, like DUI and driving without a license. But I guess they were just letting them go. I want to be able to drive drunk and not go to jail too. Maybe I should learn how to speak Spanish, get a real good tan and throw my drivers license away.
"Officer, I'm an illegal alien, you've got to let me go!"

I bet Obama would shut down the border real fast if most Mexicans voted for Republicans but he know they vote for Democrats for the most part.

Blog Archive