Monday, June 28, 2010

The Mental Hospital Told Me A Secret

If someone were to ask me

"Tex, you use to work in a mental hospital, did you learn any great truths about human behavior while you were there?"

(People don't ask that as much as you would think.)

My answer would have to be

"Yes, yes I did."

I'll even expand on that a bit. The great truth that I found at the mental hospital was this

"You are free to do anything you want to do but there will be a price to pay for doing it."

"You have to decide if the thing you want to do is worth paying the price for it."

Yeah, everybody already knows this but most people don't embrace it.

They just say

"I can't do that!"

The mental hospital way of thinking says

"I CAN do that!"

Once you fully grasp that concept it never really goes away.

It makes you feel a little more free and lets you consider options that most people would never dream of.

The movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off touched on this concept just a little with the line
"There's a certain amount of freedom in being completely screwed."

Let's say you have a terminal disease, yeah that sucks and all, but you are one of the most free people on the planet.

You can do whatever, what are they going to take away from you?

Thank you for having a mentally healthy day.

No comments:

Blog Archive