Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Should Your Grandma be Driving?

I was driving along the other day, on the way to the hospital to meet my grandson for the first time, my daughter-in-law was in labor. As I passed by my wifes grandmothers place I saw an older model Ford Taurus heading the opposite way on the highway. As it got closer I saw that it was her grandma driving. She didn't really seem to be looking at the road but was driving fine. She had a big smile on her face but paid no attention to me as our cars passed. What makes this worth writing about? She died about three years ago. I think I saw a ghost, and what a neat day to see a ghost. On the day that her great-great grandchild was born!
I would think that it was just another old lady except for three things. It looked exactly like her, the far off look - not looking at the road at all yet driving fine and the topper, it was right in front of the house where she had lived for the last sixty years.

6 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

wow, that gave me goosebumps....and I bet she was coming back from seeing the baby...how cool is that..

texlahoma said...

Yeah I had goosebumps the whole way there. Plus I had a very good, wonderous vibe feeling.

billy pilgrim said...

did you smoke anything before seeing the ghost?

texlahoma said...

No billy, nothing.

yellowdoggranny said...

i wonder if granma smoked something?..do they have refer in heaven?

texlahoma said...

If heaven ain't a lot like Texas, I don't want to go!

Blog Archive