…Criminalization of plant-based medicine
Monday, April 16, 2012
If you happen to need even more evidence that President Obama has gutted his campaign promises and betrayed not only the left but also African Americans who enthusiastically supported his election, he has just gone public with his support for the continued war on drugs. Keeping marijuana criminalized, it seems — and keeping more African Americans in prison — is a top priority for the Obama administration.
This means Obama supports the midnight DEA raids on our citizenry; the filling of prisons with small-time pot smokers; the disproportionately punitive sentences handed down to black men and women across America who aren’t really criminals at all… they merely suffer from achemical addictionthat would more rightly be considered a medical issue.
Nearly every country in Latin America has now openly and publicize recognized that the so-called “war on drugs” is a complete and total failure. But Obama thinks it’s just great! Fill the prisons! Prosecute more blacks! Buy more guns and night vision gear for the DEA! That’s what Obama’s America stands for, it seems.
“I personally and my administration’s position is that legalization is not the answer,” Obama said just hours before the meeting of Latin American leaders at the Convention Centre in Cartagena, Colombia, for the Americas Summit (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-17716926). Meanwhile, Obama’s top Secret Service agents and military commanders were banging Colombian whores in the background, then refusing to pay them their $47 prostitution fee. (http://www.naturalnews.com/035580_Secret_Service_Colombia_prostitutes…) Obama had “no comment” on that particular issue.
Let’s get real about all this.Marijuana prohibition simply doesn’t work. At least not for reducing crime and drug addiction. Anyone who thinks prohibition works iscompletely delusional. But it does work for certain special interests. What are those special interests, anyway?
Who BENEFITS from the continued criminalization of marijuana?
If you really want to know why prohibition remains in place with marijuana, it’s simple to find out why. Just ask yourself “Who benefits?”
• The DEA. Without a drug “problem,” the DEA won’t get hundreds of millions of dollars worth of increases in operating budgets from the federal purse strings. If drugs were decriminalized, the DEA would have to be sharply downsized (which would be a great thing for liberty and safety but a terrible thing for the DEA honchos).
• Private prisons. Thanks to illegal agreements between prison operators and state governments, prisons can put prisoners to work at slave labor wages– just a few cents an hour — manufacturing goods that the corporate prison owners sell for pure profit. If you thought the Nike sweatshops in Asia were bad, go visit a prison in the USA some time and watch the slave labor taking place right here at home.
• Local police. The “drug war” is the excuse that local police departments use to receive more grant money for weapons, assault gear and now even armored assault vehicles to be used against the citizens. Without the drug war excuse, all this grant money disappears and these cops have to go back to actually serving the community instead of bashing in doors like a bunch of cocaine cowboys.
• The government drug runners! It’s now a well-known fact that the ATF, DEA and other government agencies are all heavily involved in running drugs across America. Just Google any of these terms if you want to check it out for yourself. The ATF is even engaged in money laundering through the globalist banks. This is why government crackdowns on drugs are highly selectively — drug raids are really just a way to eliminate the competition so that the biggest drug dealer of all — the government itself — can continue to rake in the maximum profits. Legalizing drugs would obviously cause street prices to collapse, sucking all the profits out of the government-run drug business.
• Local District Attorneys and prosecutors. Without the drug war to give them a juicy field of easy targets to prosecute, their careers would take a huge hit. It’s so much harder to arrestrealcriminals than to go after pot smokers and raw milk farmers, isn’t it? Gee, imagine the difficulty of actually fighting REAL crime for a change?
• Big Government. The entire government benefits from the continued criminalization of drugs. For starters, it establishes the outrageous precedent that government can outlaw a native plant– even a plant that has grown wild across North America for hundreds of years. This alone is an outrageous encroachment on fundamental human freedom. Beyond that, the government can always point to “drug violence” as another excuse to squash our freedoms and put in place a tyrannical police state. It’s all “for your own good,” of course. Isn’t it always?
• Big Pharma and the hospital industry. Because recreational drugs are illegal, they’re often cut with dangerous chemicals that cause liver damage and kidney damage. This results in yet more repeat business for hospitals and the drug industry. If street drugs were legalized, they would be standardized and regulated, and adulteration of those products would be extremely rare. They would besafer to use,in other words, which is exactly what the pharmaceutical industry is dead set against. They only make money when people are damaged or sick from using street drugs concocted in somebody’s trailer.
Who LOSES from the drug war? You!
So we’ve covered the beneficiaries of the drug war, but who loses from it? You do, of course: Your liberties, freedoms, tax dollars and personal safety are all threatened by the existence of the war on drugs. Decriminalizing and regulating these drugs would have an enormously positive impact on you and your life.
If drugs were decriminalized, here’s what would happen:
• Drug gangs would vanish as their source of revenues (illegal drugs at black market prices) dry up.
• Drug-related crime would sharply fall.
• State revenues would skyrocket from the regulated sale of legalized marijuana.
• The corrupt prison industry would collapse to perhaps only 25% of its current size.
• Your personal safety and security would be greatly enhanced due to the lack of drug violence, shootings, home invasions and more.
• Mexican drug gangs would lose their power base, resulting in a sharp drop in crime along the border.
• Former “criminal” pot smokers would once again become taxpaying members of the workforce, contributing to the financial upkeep of society rather than draining it as prisoners.
• The happiness index across society would sharply rise.
Even the Red Cross says decriminalize marijuana
It’s all pure economics, my friends. Cause and effect. Legalize recreational drugs and you end the violence, the crime, the prison system overload and the entire underground market for the stuff.
It’s all so obvious that even the Red Cross has called for decriminalization (http://copssaylegalize.blogspot.com/2012/03/red-cross-calls-for-drug….).
At the same time, countless members of the FBI, DEA and active-duty police organizations are also openly calling for decriminalization (http://www.leap.cc/).
The rational argument for ending prohibition is further detailed atwww.Norml.org
There are no rational reasons for keeping marijuana criminalized. There are onlypoliticalreasons for doing so. That’s why Obama continues to support the irrational war on drugs — because it’s a political issue.
Obama, the betrayer of the political left
Obama, of course, is a teleprompter-reading puppet of the global elite. He does what they tell him to do, and right now they’re telling him to keep pushing Drug War propaganda because it’s a highly effective way to expand the police state and keep people living in fear while denying them access to plant-based medicine.
Obama, it turns out, has betrayed the left so many times I can hardly keep count: He supports the GMO industry, he signed the NDAA which expands secret arrests and secret Gitmo-style prisons, he’s an opponent of farm and food freedom (http://www.naturalnews.com/035301_Obama_executive_orders_food_supply….) and he has proven himself to be nothing more than a big business operative who defends the status quo while preaching “hope and change” that he never delivers.
Obama has assaulted free speech, due process (http://www.naturalnews.com/034537_NDAA_Bill_of_Rights_Obama.html), medical freedom and parental rights. In doing so, he has betrayed many of the top priorities of the very people who once put him into office.
He wants to keep marijuana criminalized because that’s what the police state fascist system of corporate control wants.
Of course, this doesn’t mean the alternatives we’re given are going to be any better. This is not some pitch for Romney, for God’s sake. That guy is just as much of a corporate sellout as Obama (and Bush before him). Elections are created to present the illusion that the People have a choice when, in reality, all they’re voting for is which color of puppet they want to see on television while we’re all being imprisoned, exploited, enslaved and oppressed by a growing fascist state.
Care to guess which candidate would have decriminalized marijuana from the get-go? His name is Ron Paul, and the ideas of freedom and liberty that he espouses are the real answer for the future of our nation. No matter who shows up in the ballot box this November, Ron Paul is my President, because he’s the only candidate who is deeply committed to legalizing freedom in America.
Monday, April 16, 2012
- ► 2014 (352)
- ► 2013 (685)
- Unsolved Mysteries Ghost Boy
- Spooky Sunday - Zozo
- Coroner Investigating Breitbart Death Dies From Po...
- Clinton Nuclear Power Plant In Illinois Possible N...
- Is That a Meth Lab in Your Pants or are You Just G...
- Possession Of A Lottery Ticket In Alabama Could Be...
- Rubio fined for taking improper donations
- 25 Horrible Statistics About The U.S. Economy That...
- Norman PD just released dash cam video of tornado
- I'm The Slime - Frank Zappa
- The Dead Party
- Nasty Things Planned For Chicago During NATO Summi...
- He cried himself to sleep last night
- Rural kids, parents angry about Labor Dept. rule b...
- Backlash U.S.A.
- Iran Says The End of the World Has Arrived
- Judge: Fla. worker drug testing unconstitutional
- Thousands gather in Norway to sing song Breivik ha...
- BREAKING NEWS - CONFIRMED OBAMA BIRTH CERTICATE IS...
- The Russians are coming! First joint 'Top Gun' dri...
- Rolling Stones - Angie
- "UN Agenda 21 and You?" program to be held this Sa...
- Obama Opposes CISPA, But Will Sign It Anyway
- Supreme Court casts doubt on Obama’s immigration l...
- IRS Ban on Travel Masks Fed’s Takeover of America
- "I Think Ron Paul Just Won Iowa!" Rachel Maddow Ap...
- Strange Computer Code Discovered Concealed In Supe...
- Ron Paul Wins Iowa and Minnesota Delegates to the ...
- The US Has Finally Done It: Mexican Immigrants Bec...
- THE RUNNING MAN (1987) Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Department of Homeland Security buying up enough a...
- Jennifer Love Hewitt on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 2
- Loud California Boom Caused by Daytime Shooting St...
- Obama Makes Free Speech A Felony
- The Windowfarms Project
- Study Finds High-Fructose Corn Syrup Contains Merc...
- Woman Receives Anonymous Threats after Opposing Mo...
- Unsolved Mysteries Poison Rain
- Korn - Creep (Unplugged) 2007
- Creep by The Pretenders
- Radiohead - Creep
- Scala & Kolacny Brothers - Creep (Radiohead cover)...
- Don't Legalize Weed!
- Rush-2112 (Full Album) 1976
- Foggy Mountain Breakdown - Earl Scruggs
- Witness for the Defense
- Chicken without an egg born in Sri Lanka
- Bob Marley - They don't want to see us UNITED!
- You should have let him beat you to death George.W...
- I Hate Change
- Ted Nugent Cleared by Secret Service
- Penguins, Polar Bears, Glaciers, Arctic Ice All Th...
- Learning From Mainstream Media
- Top ten reasons to question the official story - O...
- Disturbing Abuse Allegations Against Cop Involved ...
- UFO's Over Australia - Great Footage !!
- Red Cross calls for humanitarian drug policies tha...
- Obama's Mainstream Media And The Harley Biker... T...
- A Country of Inmates
- Join the demand to investigate Michigan DNR direct...
- Sources: Napolitano Lied To Congress
- Outrageous! Tennessee Bans "Handholding" for kids,...
- Michigan unleashes armed raids on small pig farmer...
- TRUST YOUR EYES
- Obama betrays the left cheers continued expansion ...
- Giant rectangle UFO reported hovering low in Ander...
- Midwest Tornadoes: Authorities Say 5 Dead in Okla....
- Dire Straits - Walk of Life [Wembley -85 ~ HD]
- Snake Hunt + Tornado = Slithery Excitement
- Where Is The Outrage? The Silence Is Deafening
- Secret Service Tries to STIMULATE Cartagena Colum...
- PLASMA UFO NLO SPB NACHESTVIE
- Bob Seger - Turn the Page - Metallica
- Donald Fagen - New Frontier
- Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress by The Hollies
- Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street - Foo Fighters
- Tornado Warning Norman - Oklahoma
- Green Glowing Object Fell From Connecticut Sky
- The Greatest Hoax
- IS OBAMA DYING OF AIDS?
- Giant Al Sharpton on Mars - Plus Monolith
- UFO mainstream media coverage MASS SIGHTINGS takin...
- Unemployment Rate At A Staggering 22.2% :John Will...
- Why Barack Obama is the More Effective Evil
- Hillary - Liar Extraordinaire
- Impeach Obama 2012! Join the National Campaign!
- Alien Invasion : U.S. Air Command is preparing for...
- Powerful 8.6-Magnitude Earthquake Triggers Tsunami...
- Dear Media: America Doesn’t Want Your New Race War...
- Sweet Brown
- Explosive: Monsanto ‘Knowingly Poisoned Workers’ C...
- US Attorney General Eric Holder's Ballot to Vote O...
- Leaked Video Shows US Contractors Randomly Killing...
- Republican Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum Su...
- Police Find 5 ‘Horrified’ Nearly Naked BU Students...
- TWO DOGS DINING
- Why are they trying to start a race war? The Big ...
- ▼ April (161)
- ► 2011 (1028)
- ► 2010 (708)
- ► 2009 (430)
- ► 2008 (331)
- ► 2007 (274)