Tuesday, August 03, 2010

The Aspartame Challenge

The next time you get a chance, try to find gum at your local store that does not contain aspartame.


In sugar-free gum it makes sense, but in sugared gum?

I have two reasons for this. The first to make you aware (because aspartame is bad for your brain, really it turns into something like formaldehyde).
The second is to try to find some gum that I can chew, I don't knowingly do aspartame.
(I know there is some on the web but it would be nice to just get some at the store)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Artificial sweeteners are something I have to avoid, because they are one of my migraine triggers.

Anonymous said...

I never chew gum so I never noticed that about aspertame.. If I'm not too busy at the store tonight, I might look and see if we sell gum without any artificial sweeteners...

yellowdoggranny said...

yu might google and see if there is some that doesn't have it..even big red gum?
dang..that's why I quit drinking my favorite flavored waters because they all had it..gives me a head ache and I never get headaches.

TheWayfarer said...

Noticed that too, because I chew all the time...Strange!

Anonymous said...

I looked through all the gum that we sell in my store (I work at a convenience store/gas station.). All of it contains aspertame. Not just the sugar-free gum. Big red, orbit, doublemint, stride, 5, trident, juicy fruit, extra.... Every brand of gum we sell contains aspertame.

Mr. Shife said...

I am not a gum chewer but that is scary there is aspartame crap in there as well. I quit drinking diet soda because aspartame scared me. I would rather have the real sugar and a few more calories than aspartame. Good luck in your aspartame challenge.

texlahoma said...

YDG - Jason says even Big Red has it.

Ted - Seem like the beginning of a Twilight Zone episode.

Jason - Thanks for looking, I was afraid of that.

Mr. Shife - I use Splenda sometimes but I found out that is made from a chlorine molecule or something, doesn't sound too healthy either.
Real sugar is bound to be better.

Blog Archive