Sunday, May 09, 2010

Tex and Shelly go to the City

If you've ever seen a Ma and Pa Kettle movie, you're probably pretty old or maybe you just like classic movies, anyway that's who I was reminded of on a recent trip. We arrived at our motel room, it was very nice, I'd have to say one of the nicest I've ever stayed at. You might be picturing something extravagant, no we are poor, small town folk. I was a little tired from the trip, and looking at how the wood floor (probably Pergo) was laid at an angle and the lighting, while taking a leak (classy ain't I?). I flushed the toilet, SHAVOOM! I jerked my hand back so fast, you would have thought it was going into a saw blade. Damn, that woke me up. I had to investigate, removed the lid of back of the toilet (again pure class). There was a tank inside the tank, I guess it's pressurized, huh, what will they think of next? Shelly was fixing to go get us something to eat, she says "I'll be back in a minute.", opens a closet door and takes a step in. I tried not to laugh (yea right!) We're not use to motel rooms with a closet, much less a closet door. Now Ma and Pa Kettle are back home, away from all the new-fangled things in the city, well, gotta go climb the telephone pole, the phone's a ringin.

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

i get it..hahah..really do..
i was in a resturant bathroom and when i peed and got up it flushed..and scared the crap out of me..

texlahoma said...

YDG - I don't like to think of myself as a hick but when faced with overwhelming evidence, why deny it?

Blog Archive