Monday, February 15, 2010

The Mean Streets of Norman

[True Story]

A carload of female college students gets pulled over in Norman, Oklahoma.

The driver happens to be blond.

The officer asks the girl her address and she says

"1515 Washington Doctor."

The officer says "1515 Washington Doctor?" "Are you sure?"

The girl says "Yes, 1515 Washington Doctor."

Everyone, including the policeman looks puzzled.

Suddenly one of the passengers bursts out laughing and says

"Drive!"

"She means 1515 Washington Drive."

Then all the passengers burst out laughing and the police officer turns bright red trying not to laugh.

The driver says "I thought DR. stood for doctor."

5 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

judas priest..I hope this was a joke and not true..no one should be allowed to live and be that stupid..ha

texlahoma said...

YDG - I swear, it's true.

Mr. Shife said...

Too funny, and even more funny because it is true. Good one. And I wanted to thank you for your advice on my post last week: Remember one thing young father. How do kids spell love? T-I-M-E.
It was very much appreciated.

texlahoma said...

Mr. Shife - Oh, that's cool, I'm glad my advice didn't fall on "deaf ears". Time goes by SO fast, when you're looking back on it anyway.
I don't know if it's me or the beer talking, but dude, you've got a friend in Oklahoma.

texlahoma said...

I had a funny thought after using the expression "I don't know if it's me or the beer talking." That might make you picture a guy with a real good beer buzz going on.
But what if it were more literal?
A guy that's completely insane sitting there listening to his bottle of beer talk.
"Tell him he's got a friend in Oklahoma." "Okay, now tell him about the time..."
(Some thoughts are probably better left unexpressed.)

Blog Archive