Wednesday, September 16, 2009

MSNBC Beyond Misleading


zoomed in

On Tuesday, MSNBC’s Contessa Brewer fretted over health care reform protesters legally carrying guns: "A man at a pro-health care reform rally...wore a semiautomatic assault rifle on his shoulder and a pistol on his hip....there are questions about whether this has racial overtones....white people showing up with guns."

Later on FoxNews I saw the same "man at a pro-health care reform rally...wore a semiautomatic assault rifle on his shoulder and a pistol on his hip" with the camera zoomed out, he was a black man.

6 comments:

joy said...

What is up with carrying guns around all over the place?

texlahoma said...

Joy - They do it here too, they're just concealed.

YDG - Thanks for using the word advocate instead of nut. I think it's fine and dandy.

billy pilgrim said...

what if a muslim showed up with a gun?

texlahoma said...

Billy - "RUN!!! IT'S OSAMA AND HE'S GOT A GUN!!"

k6whp said...

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this old news? I mean this happened during an Obama visit to Phoenix on 18 August. The guy was pro-public option, a Lyndon Larouche supporter and/or otherwise off the reservation.

By the way, Arizona is an open carry state meaning you can have an unconcealed, loaded weapon on your person at any time without legal consequences. (Try that in Kalifornia.)

And the caption on the [P]MSNBC link has it wrong, it's an M-4.

But I will say this: anyone who wants to take a firearm anywhere near where the POTUS is appearing is NOT the sharpest knife in the drawer. I despise the current Pantload-in-Chief but believe the POTUS *is* the POTUS, irrespective of who elected him.

texlahoma said...

Yeah, I'm all about gun rights but I wouldn't try to take one near the pres.

Blog Archive