Thursday, August 06, 2009

Something Wicked this way comes

What would happen if a dead dwarf star, traveling at 195,357.21 MPH, hit our sun?
Well according to some sources, we're fixing to find out on 8-22-2009.
Coordinates and Viewing Principles
RA 13.390911°
Dec -77.436111°
Velocity 87.33 km/sec
Density 174 gm/cm^3
Magnitude 11
Equatorial Radius 957.77km
Solid spherical shape

The Sun, our Sun, will be hit by a long since dead dwarf star. It has been named Hellion-1957. It was discovered December 22nd 1956.

Because the energies involved in the collision are so great, 2/3 of the earth will be cooked from the high levels of radiation, UV, Gamma rays, ect.

I don't know about y'all but I'm going to make sure to wear sunscreen that day.

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

uh, excuse me while I bend over and kiss myown ass goodbye..want me to kiss yours goodbye while I'm down here?...sigh*...i think i have a drs apt that day..should i cancel?

texlahoma said...

YDG - Considering my track record on earth ending predictions, I'd keep the Dr.'s appointment.

joy said...

Just saw this on Penn and Teller's Bullshit show along with lots of other theories about the END. See you on 8-23.

Blog Archive