Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Fast Thoughts

Sometimes my mind starts racing with thoughts. I was reading about yeast for beer making and got sidetracked as it is so easy to do on the web. People with diabetes are more likely to get yeast infections, yeast need sugar, they produce alcohol and carbon dioxide.
Could a person get drunk if he had enough yeast and sugar in his bloodstream?

Could a yeast infection cause a carbon dioxide blood test to show a false high reading?

Could a certain kind of yeast be put in the bloodstream of a diabetic to control high levels of sugar?

6 comments:

McRaven said...

Being a diabetic I can tell ya I stay away from all yeasty things even the dough boy!

yellowdoggranny said...

hmm, im with mcraven...although i did have some green salsa cornbread with my blackeyed peas for lunch today..
i would like to think the cure for diabetes is to be found soon..as Im sick to fucking death of no dr.pepper and no blue bell ice cream...

texlahoma said...

I use to be able to eat or drink anything, now I have to be (a little) careful about blood sugar. A sugar buzz is nice but coming down sucks so I avoid sweet stuff, and "take Geritol twice a day."

yellowdoggranny said...

i have found the cure for old farts desease...I get constipated at the drop of a dime..now I take tasteless ordorless mineral oil 3 times a day...and now..I shit like a goose...well ..that is if a goose shits regular..

billy pilgrim said...

i've heard that those yeast infections can be murder.

texlahoma said...

YDG I already shit like a goose, if I took that stuff I'd shit like a gun!
Good point Billy.

Blog Archive