Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Even the UFOs are Bigger in Texas

Stephenville, Texas, UFO sighting: Dozens of Texans claim to have seen a UFO over the skies of the state. These people, who include a pilot, county constable and several business owners, say that they say a large, silent object flying in the skies over Stephensville, Texas. Many also claim that they saw fighter jets chasing the object.

"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot. "It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts."

Of course the federal government has come out with several other possible explanations for what some claim to have seen. These explanations include the playing of light off of an airplane and other things of that nature.

The Air Force has said that no unidentified flying objects were seen on their radar at any time during the night when people claim to have seen one. The Air Force has also said that none of their planes from either of the two Air Force bases in the region were in the air over Stephensville, Texas at the time of the sightings.

Even with this information, many people claim that what they saw was traveling too low, too fast and too large to be any commercial jetliner and they insist that what they saw was not of this world.

Erath Couty Constable Lee Roy Gaitan is one of those who isn't convinced by what the government has to say.

"I didn't see a flying saucer and I don't know what it was, but it wasn't an airplane, and I've never seen anything like it," Gaitan said. "I think it must be some kind of military craft - at least I hope it was."

Trying to get to the bottom of this matter, one man has offered a reward for anyone who has a picture or videotape with the object that was seen that night on it.

There are over 200 UFO sightings reported every month and most of these sightings occur California, Colorado and Texas, according to the Mutual UFO Network.

The Stephensville sightings bring to mind some famous UFO sightings, including the Mexico City sighting, the Gulf Breeze sightings and of course the famous Roswell incident.

6 comments:

Cassandra said...

I heard about this on the news this morning. I haven't seen anything out here, but I'll let you know if I do...

joy said...

I can't believe aliens are searching for intelligent life around this neck of the woods!

texlahoma said...

Babs, I saw one a long time ago but they didn't pick me up or probe me or anything. Joy, I don't they were looking for intelligent life in this country, at least not if they've seen our president.

yellowdoggranny said...

if the aliens are looking for intelligent life..what the fuck are they doing in texas?...remind me sometime to tell you about my ufo experience..
plus...no one should believe anything the government says anyhow..

yellowdoggranny said...

tonight on larry king they are talking to the people that saw the ufo's...at 8pm and then 11pm...

McRaven said...

Let's make an offering...give them George.

Blog Archive