Friday, June 27, 2014

Night of the Scorpion

The other night I was asleep in bed when I felt something.

It felt kind of like someone plucking a hair from your body at first, then throbbing pain.
I automatically grabbed at the pain, the next thing I knew, I had a scorpion in my hand.

And yes, he stung my hand, but I guess he used almost all of his poison on the first sting because the sting on my hand wasn't near as painful, not much more than a mosquito bite really.

Where was the first sting?

I'll let Forest explain.












Related Story: fox4kc.com

5 comments:

Mr. Shife said...

Ouch. Not a good way to the end the day. Hope you are feeling better. Take care texlahoma.

texlahoma said...

Mr. Shife - Thanks, it's all behind me now ;).

McRaven said...

OMG! When I was in Hawaii visiting my daughter I had to worry about this hissing biting centipedes. They were huge and ugly and left a scar if they bit you. But scorpions, shoot me now. No way. Hope your butt is good as new! :)

texlahoma said...

McRaven - I'm glad we don't have those centipedes here. I bought a blacklight flashlight, scorpions are suppose to really glow in it, but I haven't seen another one yet.

Thanks, I'm all healed up.

texlahoma said...

UPDATE:

The blaclight (U/V) flashlight really works. I shined it on a scorpion this morning, it looked bright yellow, like a toy meant for a blacklight.

Blog Archive