Friday, October 10, 2008

Super 7

I just got back from a mission to a faraway land. The company that I work for spared no expense. I stayed in a "Super 7". It's a storage unit that has been converted to a motel. They padlock you in at midnight. Every morning at 6 AM they unlock it. Mr. Patel will spray you down with a power washer in the parking lot at 6:10 for free, it smarts a might but it gets you real clean. I suggested that they start using warm water. They told me they don't start using warm water until October. When I informed them that it was already October it earned me the nickname of "Mr. Smarty Britches".
The room was suppose to have a microwave, a refrigerator and a T.V. I never could get the gasoline powered microwave to start (I think there was a problem with the choke).
The refrigerator was an ice chest and the T.V. didn't work. When I complained to Mr. Patel about the T.V. he said "It just said T.V. in room, it said nothing about a working T.V., not feeling so smart now are you Mr. Britches?"

On the way home I heard a good driving song.

Theory Of A Deadman - Bad Girlfriend

4 comments:

billy pilgrim said...

wow, did you see scully and mulder in the parking lot?

texlahoma said...

As a matter of fact Billy I took a few snap shots to prove who I saw. I'll post them.

yellowdoggranny said...

I think I stayed there when I used to travle for the Book Market Company..the free continental breakfast was always week old honey buns

texlahoma said...

The only thing they had that I could eat was their banana nut muffins. But that's ok cause I drank enough milk and coffee to make the cost be equivalent to a true continental breakfast. Then I would slowly slosh my way back to the room.

Blog Archive