Saturday, June 14, 2008

Green UFO in Oklahoma

Bluebeerriver exclusive report-by Tex Lahoma

Two teenage girls went for a drive in the country South East of Pauls Valley, Oklahoma on Monday night June 9th, 2008. They noticed a small green light in the road ahead of them, there were no other cars in the area. As their car got closer, the light moved out of the road, across a barbed wire fence and into a field. The light kept pace with the car, approximately 40 MPH, then started to spin in circles. The girls being a little freaked out by the light decided to speed up in an effort to outrun it. The green light then crossed the fence again and flew along with the car on the passenger side for several minutes at about 60-70 MPH. As the car got closer to a populated area near Wynnewood, Oklahoma the light disappeared. The girls were reluctant to tell of their experience, and would only agree to talk about it if they could remain anonymous.

9 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

you and sooner got caught in drag again and THAT'S the story you came up with...right?

texlahoma said...

Again! Nice touch.

No, this one is for real. I know I'm always joking around with my posts but this one makes me wish I'd have had some journalism classes. There are two credible witnesses that have no reason to lie about this. I only wish there was a video.

Big Tex said...

I wonder if what they saw was ball lightning. It's a pretty rare phenomenon, but it's the first thing I thought of when hearing about this. Was it raining/storming when this happened?

joy said...

We saw things like this all the time back home in the Appalachian Mountains. It was said to be gas from decomposing vegetation. My grandmother called them ghost lights.

texlahoma said...

Big Tex, I don't think it was storming at that time, it was earlier that evening, I'll double check with them though.
Joy, I remember my grandpa telling some spooky stories about green swamp gas but he was on a tractor, not going 65 mph. Some night soon when I'm feeling brave I'll go there with a video camera and see what I can see.

Travis Erwin said...

Interesting. That is the neck of the woods that the novel I'm working on is set.

yellowdoggranny said...

holy shit..!..this is for real?..dang...
although i like my version of the story better..snort*

Barbara Martin said...

I have always said that truth is stranger than fiction.

If the witnesses are not prone to lying, then you have the truth. Those two were very lucky to have experienced this, and to have been able to tell their story.

texlahoma said...

Travis, that's very cool, you must have a good attention span, I can barely write a paragraph!
What time is it set in?

YDG, it was Halloween!
The place was having ladies night!
We got to drink for free!
We're not drag queens!
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Barbara, I agree with you. A few other people have been driving out there at night but haven't seen anything. I hope someone else sees it.

Blog Archive