Monday, October 29, 2007

Rememberations



Sometimes the memory of a time or place becomes strong in my mind. Today I can remember living in Gallup New Mexico, over forty years ago. I think it helps that the air is crisp and cool today, like it usually was there. I'd like to go back there some day, maybe when gas prices go back down. ;)
One of the first things I saw in our new New Mexican neighborhood was a mom come out back and say something to her two kids and go back in their house. The kids just kept playing. Then about five minutes later she came out and she looked pissed. She grabbed the boys arm, jerked him up and said what sounded like "ski-claw!". Then she yelled "ski-claw!" to the girl, the kids both ran inside. I wasn't positive, but I was pretty sure that "ski-claw" meant "hurry up" in Navajo.

3 comments:

apositivepessimist said...

That’s gorgejus. That IS.

Okay I just heard an ad from the pommy Cheer Lady.

yellowdoggranny said...

there are parts of new mexico that are prettier then parts of texas..but don't tell anyone..and i bet it was more along the lines of ...your ass is grass..

joy said...

We love New Mexico. Always have a great time there, especially on the rez.

Blog Archive