Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Favorite Meteoroligist -Tera Blake


Meteorologist, KTEN News Midday & Texoma CW News at 9

Hello Everyone!

I first visited Texas and Oklahoma with my family just a few years ago and was treated with such respect and friendliness; I knew the warm south was for me!

I am very excited and proud to say I work for KTEN-TV's SkyAlert10 weather team and am honored to be working with such knowledgeable colleagues, not to mention getting to work in Tornado Alley.

I grew up in New Holland, Illinois, a small farming community located in Central Illinois. My dad is a farmer and our lives revolve around the weather! I had no idea the impact he had on my life until I was randomly given the chance in my high school speech class, to learn more about Meteorology as a profession and call it destiny, but I knew this job was for me. I love that weather is ever changing and I can continuously learn from this experience, which is a dream come true.

When I was younger, I can remember getting up in the middle of the night to hear the thunder rolling across the vast sky and the lightning strikes that could be seen from miles away! You cannot deny how beautiful it is to watch the clouds build on a warm summer day and from this and many more experiences, I knew I needed to know more! I recently graduated from Northern Illinois University with a major in Meteorology and a minor in Broadcasting Journalism.

During my wonderful experience at Northern, I was given the chance to intern at Rockford, Illinois under Scott Harbaugh my sophomore year. My junior year, I interned under Tom Skilling of WGN Chicago and as you may know, he is one of the nations top meteorologists! I learned very valuable information from these gentlemen and I used this while working as a weekly Meteorologist for Northern's Television Center. I was also a very active member of Sigma Kappa Sorority and was apart of the American Meteorological Society.

I love meeting new people and am excited about getting to know the people of Texoma and learning all about the weather phenomena that dominate my new home!

When I am not watching the skies, you can find me soaking up the sun's rays, working out, and relaxing with friends!

Blog Archive