Friday, November 10, 2006

Retirement, are we there yet?

I've been so fuckin busy lately! I feel like I'm about ready to retire, and I'm only in my mid forties. But really, wouldn't 50 be a good age for retirement? Now it's 65-70, they want you to work until you have to go to the nursing home, bastids. I'll fool everybody, when I hit 50 I'm gonna get alzhiemers real bad, you know forget to go to work and shit like that. Go out walking in my P.J.s (note to self-buy some Pajamas before age 50) long walks, like to neighboring towns. Go to the store for bread and show up two days later stinking of hookers and alcohol, no I think I did that last week. On the bright side, they don't send me to get bread anymore!

4 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

i supposed some people would call me retired...but i consider it forced retirement...my daughter in law assures me that i have a room at the west rest haven rest home when the time comes...im thinking about faking alzhimers too so i can go in early...they have a polka band every wed...and a big screen tv..if im lucky i will get a room with someone that is in a coma..and can play my tv as loud as i want and wear nothing but my drawers and a tshirt.

Anonymous said...

55 is the outer limit of my working life. i don't know if i can last that long but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

retire, have grandkids and maybe get another dog. those are my dreams.

Anonymous said...

Soft bread, soft wonder bread, manna from the heavens.

apositivepessimist said...

I knooooooow...I often think well fuck here I am, going to have to work til I'm freaking 80 just because of starting all over again. oh well at least I'm going to a country that has 80 year old door greeters...then again I might just bugger off back here where you can claim a pension at 65. yeah like that will still be a reality in 20 odd years.

Blog Archive