Thursday, November 23, 2006

NO PHISHING

Fifth-Third Bank's brand, name and logo have been frequently exploited by Phishing scam emails. Computer security company McAfee reports on their website that, at the beginning of September 2006, over 98% of Phishing scam emails being reported to McAfee were utilizing Fifth-Third Bank's brand.



When I got this I was sure it was a scam since I don't have an account there, but if a person did, I could see how they might fall for it. Since I knew it was a scam, I just gave them all the personal info I had on this one dude that I don't like.

2 comments:

apositivepessimist said...

heh. heh. yer bad. heh.

Cassandra said...

I got several of those and wondered if there really was a 5th 3rd bank? I mean, why not 12th, 6th bank? Just seems phishy to me.
I never click on links like that, I go directly to my bank's site.
But I like the way you handled this one.

Blog Archive