Sunday, December 14, 2014

Rand Paul introduces bill to undo Obama’s immigration order

Rand Paul introduces bill to undo Obama's immigration order

“I believe that the Constitution is clear that the legislative power resides in Congress,” Paul said in a statement.

“The President is not a king and he does not have the power to enact laws then execute his own laws.

 Our Constitution is being violated by this executive order and other actions by the Obama Administration to govern by executive fiat.”
                                                                               Rand Paul

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has filed a bill seeking to repeal President Obama’s executive order that delays deportation of five million immigrants, the Courier Journal reported Saturday.
Paul’s bill, “Preventing Executive Overreach on Immigration Act,” is companion legislation to a House bill passed last week from Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.)
The Kentucky Republican’s proposal, posted on his website Friday, prohibits the president from using discretion when determining who to deport.

Source: infowars.com 

2 comments:

McRaven said...

Being an enrolled Native American. I had to prove my blood quantum to the federal government. I had to prove through birth records that took years to track down from the 1800's and other documents like Reservation census of the American Indians. I had both set's of my grandparents...my mom's and my dad's living on Turtle Mountain Indian Reservation in North Dakota to prove I was over 50 percent American Native Indian...so I have strong feeling on this that are probably better left to myself. Hiya!

texlahoma said...

I'm 1/16th Cherokee, but my family didn't get on the Rolls(?) - didn't sign up, so as far as I know, I'm s.o.l.
My wife is even less than that but her family did sign up, so she gets some benefits.

I use to live on the Navajo reservation, no I'm not Navajo my parents worked for the B.I.A.

It doesn't matter to me if we are on different sides of an issue, bound to happen sometimes.

Blog Archive