Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Irving roadside body cavity search case to go to Dallas grand jury

Update at 8:50 a.m. on December 19, 2012: The Dallas County District Attorney’s Office says the case is being investigated by the office’s public integrity division and will go before a grand jury in January. Original post at 11:19 a.m. on December 18, 2012: Two Irving women are suing two state troopers and the head of their department in federal court, alleging they were subjected to an illegal and humiliating “roadside body cavity search” during a traffic stop. Angel Dobbs, 38, and her niece, Ashley Dobbs, 24, said the search occurred on State Highway 161 in or near Irving on the night of July 13. They claim that a female trooper, Kelley Helleson, used her fingers to search their anuses and vaginas — using the same latex glove — while on the side of the road in full view of passing vehicles. VideoHere (I did have the video embedded, but it was autoplay with commercial which sucks.)

3 comments:

Bob said...

Holy Mother of Mary!

Who the hell do they think they are? What makes them think they can do something like this and get away with it? Those shiny little badges?

Take away those shiny little badges and what you have left is a couple of perverts.

It's way past time to remove these amoral defects from public service.

Acting "weird" = body cavity search. Incredible.

I sincerely hope these two lose their jobs, their pensions, and their standing in the community, if they have one, which I doubt.

I live in the Dallas area and am ashamed of this horrid - and totally unjustified - conduct by these "officers".



texlahoma said...

Bob - I couldn't believe my eyes this morning when I saw it on the local news. They said they let them go with a warning.
I was like a WARNING!
A warning to what?
Not to drive through here non-intoxicated?
Not to drive through here not carrying drugs?
I hope the same as you for the officers. I also hope if they are ever in prison the other inmates know that they were cops that did this sort of thing.

texlahoma said...

Another way to look at this, it's like a commercial to stop the war on drugs. People get all the drugs they want anyway. So having cops stick their fingers inside of women on the side of the road is much worse than letting Joe Blow have his sack of marijuana or even coke or heroin.
Legalize it, tax it regulate it, but don't let cops do any searches like this. Imagine a citizens arrest "I smell marijuana so I need to stick my fingers in you."
This all done basically at gun point.

Blog Archive