Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bicycle Facade


A worker peers out a window last week at a bike shop in Altlandsberg near Berlin in the eastern German state of Brandenburg. When people in the town need to get rid of their bikes because they can't use them anymore, they often bring them to Peter Horstmann's used bicycle shop. His warehouse had begun overflowing with junk bikes that could no longer be repaired, so he came up with the idea of using some 160 bicycles to decorate the side of a building. The junk cycle art project has since become something of a tourist attraction in the town.

spiegel.de

2 comments:

billy pilgrim said...

those bikes look perfectly serviceable to me.

i've heard there are children in africa with no bikes.

texlahoma said...

I don't know much about fixing them, but they still look pretty good to me.
I don't see as many kids on bikes as I use to, maybe it's my eyesight, like Mr. Magoo.

Blog Archive