Thursday, April 01, 2010

Re-thinking Jury Duty

Maybe we should re-think jury duty. Maybe instead of saying "Oh no, how do I get out of this?" We should say, "Good!" Good because I'm going to find this person not guilty if he is charged with a victimless crime. Good because I'm smart enough to know what the judge says about it means nothing to me. It's up to me, I can set him free. Like if it's some kind of charge for having a gun. You don't have to listen to how he violated some state or local law and is guilty. You know that the constitution says that the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Drug charges? So what? They should be legal for adults anyway.
On the other hand when it's the police on trial and there's a video of them beating the shite out of someone, find them guilty!
I think you get my drift, if you are lucky enough to get jury duty, do the right thing for your fellow human beings, don't get caught up in all the legal technicalities, don't be bullied, don't be a wimp.

1 comment:

Blog Archive