Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Future Maters


Last year I didn't plant a garden and I hated myself for it all summer. This year I'm going to be too busy (lazy) to have a full sized garden so I pried open my wallet and bought three Grow Boxes. One for tomatoes, one for peppers and one for whatever Shelly wants, probably okra. I was going to get Earth Boxes but they were too expensive, went to a site on making your own and figured by the time I finally made them right, that too would be too expensive. Then I found this site the garden patch kind of expensive but if I use them year after year it's not much. I use to have "The Garden Report" and both of my readers liked it alright so I guess I'll do that again this year.

4 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

let me know how they work out..i'm going with the plants and the pots i have used before..miracle grow dirt..and so far so good..
i want to try the ones that hang upside down ..tom had them last summer and got tons of 'maters from them..

billy pilgrim said...

i'd put tomatoes in all three.

ain't nothing in the world like home grown tomatoes.

texlahoma said...

YGD - I'll keep you updated.

Billy - I'd put tomatoes in two of them and peppers in one but my old lady wants okra. I gotta keep her happy or she bitches.

joy said...

I have a friend who did the upside down ones. They're great as long as you can shelter them from the wind.

Blog Archive