Monday, May 28, 2007

COWTOWN



The Hard Art Groop Presents: Cowtown

Filed under Chicago and Live Shows and Other Artistic Endeavors by Borch

Cowtown (The Musical The Opera)Welcome to Texlahoma, a quaint if not average town that knows only beef, dairy and football. Our story centers on a pair of cojoined twins who fall in love during the high school football half-time show and their subsequent struggle to get into the college of their choice.

Written by Hard Art Groop bassist John Elmquist and Jumpsuit, who split musical duties with HAG, Cowtown (The Musical The Opera) isn’t quite Orwell’s Animal Farm nor is it Oklahoma! It’s far too innocent and corrupt to be one or the other, what with songs about milk, football, eating meat, breathing meat, Siamese-twin-love… if there was a metaphor, I missed it, but I enjoyed all those puns, rhymes, and word-plays about cows.


What I mean is that it was very mooooooving.

8 comments:

◈lunaluna◈ said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desktop.
I'll publish on my blog!.

EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

Hayden said...

sounds like a round-up of themes! (ok, that was lame, but I couldn't resist!)

yellowdoggranny said...

isn't cowtown fort worth?....im surprised you and sooner don't have large speaking parts in this ...

the rube said...

did that cow used to be golden calf?

i understand a golden calf may be worth more that a golden goose.

but i'd rather have bob or ruby.

texlahoma said...

Hayden, :), YDG My only speaking part was "Howdy, I'm Tawilliger Smog from Hog Junction!" high school play. Rube I'd rather have Bob & Ruby too.

Scottish Toodler said...

Where can I see this performed?

Cassandra said...

Ah.... beef, dairy and football.
Did the twins want to go to seperate colleges? My brothers are twins and couldn't wait to go to different colleges. Probably not advised for the conjoined.

Anonymous said...

you can listen to the the whole thing here:

http://hardartgroop.com/albums/cowtown

Blog Archive