Saturday, January 16, 2010

Screaming for Emily "Deity"

Ok, in the first 10 seconds of this video there's a globe. There's a commercial that has been running lately for Excedrin? or some drug, a lady is standing in front of the globe or one that looks a lot like it. Is that some famous landmark? Where is it?




I think I found it.



The Unisphere and the statue of the Rocket Thrower are both from the 1964-65 World's Fair, held in Flushing Meadows Park.

Flushing Meadows Corona Park, between Flushing and Corona, New York.
the Park in the Heart of Queens, New York

Flushing Meadows was once a swamp and an ash dump, but now it's the largest park in Queens and a great place to stretch your legs or ride a bike. There are also museums, sports, history, a zoo, and more to check out. The biggest draws are the Mets at Shea Stadium and tennis at the US Open, but the park can satisfy your need for an outing almost any day of the year.

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

havne't a clue, but i really like the song.

texlahoma said...

YDG - I think I found it.

I'm glad you like it.
I use to dress like these guys...got beat up a lot.

Blog Archive