Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Why I am a global warming sceptic: part 92

There has been no global warming since 1998 Photo: AP

By Janet Daley
According to the UN climate agency, the level of greenhouse gases has hit record levels. And carbon dioxide levels are rising faster than in previous years. Furthermore, these levels have apparently risen every year since detailed records began in 1998. So why, why, why is it that there has been no global warming since that very year: why indeed is 1998 the year in which, it has been noted, the temperature of the earth began slightly but perceptibly to fall?

I am not a scientist. I have no meteorological expertise whatever. But I spent twenty years teaching philosophy and I know a logical contradiction when I see one. If greenhouse gases, and most particularly carbon dioxide, are the chief cause of global warming, then surely there should be a direct correlation between their rise (especially if it is one of record-breaking proportions) and a rise in the rate of warming. Can somebody please explain to me how an increase in these gases can exactly coincide with a fall in temperature? And while they are doing it, can they please refrain from cooking the figures (pun intended)?

4 comments:

crazy4coens said...

The temps are not rising because of the chemtrails - duh.

Our government knows what it's doing! (They started spraying in 1998. Hum. Maybe they do know what they're doing!)

texlahoma said...

Crazy4 - It makes me feel kind of helpless when I see them spraying right over my head.

crazy4coens said...

sometimes i get downright angry, scream and shake my fist. not a good thing to do when i am driving.

TheWayfarer said...

It's the same emotionalism...I mean "logic" by which they rationalize the polar ice caps are melting, therefore we are facing a world-wide water shortage in 10 years (the freaking "10 year" thing, again).
What a big, steaming dump-truck-load of crap!!!

Blog Archive