Sunday, May 13, 2007

Backyard Report

I usually buy a few tomato plants around this time of year but I found some growing wild yesterday. Yep, I transplanted them into my garden yesterday. One of them is pretty big already. Now I just need a few pepper plants and that will be enough of a garden for me.
Oh no! there's a cat in our backyard. He'd better get out before my malamute wakes up. That dog has made many a cat hit #9. Three cats, two possums and our neighbors pet chicken. They all made the mistake of getting in our backyard. I would just let Yoshi in but the logistics are too much. One of my little inside dogs is stupid and growls at her. Yoshi's not the type to let things fester, she wants to straighten things out here and now. The pecking order instinct is very strong in her. She looks like a wolf and is very much a pack animal. She still goes by the rules "Admit that I am dominant or we'll fight and see, if you win, I will respect your dominance over me." Even Bob and she had a fight like that, Yoshi just barely won (Bob was young). It was a pretty wicked fight but they needed to work it out, they get along fine now.

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

yoshi's baaad...

Annie has a new trick..she goes into the next apt over's yard...and stands exactly 2 feet past where the end of the chain will reach..and just sits there and stares at the dog..doesn't move..just sits there...and the dog goes absolutely nuts...barks, lunges and nearly jerks his head off hitting the end of the chain..Annie never blinks..just sits there..lil bitch..

the rube said...

my dad had a malemute, marshall tucker. it was a silent killer. never barked or growled before attacking.

several cats and one dachshund left this planet due to mr tucker.

oh yeah, tucker and my spacehound had many big fights. the spacehound usually got bit in the foot.

Anonymous said...

WE had so much troubles with the squarrels here... My friends plants a bunch of veggies, and there're gone in two days !

Mmm... Peppers... my favourite...:P

Blog Archive