Monday, January 08, 2007

Mondays

Being off on Mondays isn't too bad, I get to skip the most dreaded day of the week.
Of course Tuesdays are my Mondays but still doesn't seem to have the awesome negative power of Mondays. The weather men are predicting rain changing to freezing rain Saturday. Freezing rain are still bad words around here, we got hit hard in 2001 (I think that was the year) by an ice storm. I wish I would have recorded the sounds. There was no electricity for about 5 days, and no traffic so it was very quiet until you would hear a creaking in the trees. The sound would slowly increase to a cracking and then the sound of a huge limb falling toward the ground, taking out other limbs and branches on the way down, the ice sounded a little like glass breaking. I don't think it would be near as bad now because the storm took out most of the weak trees and limbs. But it would still suck to be without electricity. I'm a bit of a survivalist (which seems to also be a bad word these days) I don't know why. "What's his problem, he wants he and his family to survive, what a dope!"
We have gas heat, not the kind that needs electricity. We have a fireplace and fire wood, guns and ammo, we're ready for just about anything. I guess that might sound a little paranoid. "OH MY GOD! SOMEONE'S AT THE DOOR!"

4 comments:

Nancy said...

HAHAHAHAHA Tex, you made my day with this post, laughed right out loud. Thanks man! :)

Nancy said...

You didn't mention any herbs for your survival, also like the new look, easier to read.

Cassandra said...

It's me, I came to borrow your fireplace since mine is still broken. Hope we don't lose power if we get an ice storm. I'll be awfully cold.

yellowdoggranny said...

get plenty of snacks...nothing worse than to be snowed in with no snacks...popcorn is good for the first 3 days then you need stuff with sugar and salt and lots of it.

Blog Archive